1. The property, 32 Wilson Meadow, Broad Haven (“the Property”) is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by Lisa Williams (“the Owner”) to the renter (“the Client”).
2. To reserve the Property, the Client should complete and sign the booking form and return it together with payment of the non-refundable deposit (30% of full rental cost of booking). Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, the booking is confirmed.
3. The balance of the rent together with the security deposit (see clause 5) is payable not less than eight weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the Owner reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. The Client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless the Owner is able to re-let the Property. In this event, clause 6 of these booking conditions will apply. Reservations made within eight weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
4. Any chargeable expenses arising during the rental period should be settled locally with the Owner’s representative before departure.
5. A security deposit of £150 for every week or part week of the rental period is required in case of, for example, damage to the property or its contents. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the Client’s liability to the Owner. The Owner will account to the Client for the security deposit and refund the balance due within two weeks after the end of the rental period.
6. Subject to clauses 2 and 3 above, in the event of a cancellation, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the Owner is able to re-let the ‘Property’, and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party’s personal belongings, public liability etc, since these are not covered by the Owner’s insurance. All cancellations must be made in writing.
7. The rental period shall commence at 4.00pm on the first day and finish at 10.00am on the last day. The Owner shall not be obliged to enter the accommodation before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
8. The maximum number to reside in the Property must not exceed 6 unless the Owner has given written permission.
9. The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the Property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. Although a final clean is included in our prices, the Owner reserves the right to make retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if the Client leaves the Property in an unacceptable condition. The Client also agrees not to act in any way which would cause disturbance to those resident in neighbouring properties.
10. Dogs are not allowed to go upstairs and are not allowed to go on any chairs or sofas, nor are they to be left unattended in the Property. Pet owners are responsible for any damage caused to the property or its contents, and we reserve the right to charge for any repairs or replacement as required.
11. The Client shall report to the Owner’s agent without delay any defects in the Property or breakdown in the equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the Property or garden, and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible. The owner and/or their representative retain the right to enter the property at any time.
12. The owner cannot accept any liability for:
- any injury sustained by any person or animal;
- loss of, or damage, to any property brought onto the premises;
- cars, which are parked at owner’s risk
- noise, nuisance or disturbance resulting from building works, noisy neighbours or local events etc
- disruption of service from utility suppliers
- closure of shops or amenities described in the property details
13. In the event of the property becoming unavailable for whatever reason, the tenancy is automatically cancelled or ended and the owner will refund all monies paid, or if the letting has commenced, proportionately any part of the rent for any period for which the property cannot be used. In no event shall the liability of the owner to the tenant exceed the rental paid for the property.
14. Under no circumstances shall the Owner’s liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owner for the rental period.
15. The Owner operates a strict no smoking policy inside the house.